Patty Jo

I'm a silly person and love a good chuckle! I believe I am a bit on the ditsy side but who's keeping score?! ha On a more serious note: I love the Lord with all my heart, mind and soul! And my husband and children (family) are the most important things in my life! Hope I can be a blessing to those of you willing to torture yourselves and read this blog! LOL

Disclaimer:
Silly blogspot has issues with comments. If you can't comment on my blog don't worry "YOU're not alone"!!! haha It's nothing personal or not that I know of. Because I can't comment either! BUT... If you choose the option: "Name/URL" and enter your name and if you have a website or blog you "can" but don't have to enter it. THEN you CAN comment. This is a just so you know. I don't wanting anyone going away without sharing their thoughts! Or thinking that we have something against them! We LOVE you! :)


Thursday, August 18, 2011

Chicken Florentine Puffs with Red Pepper Cream

To die for!  Well not really but definitely worth the trouble!  And actually after the first trial and error lesson of making this recipe it should be really easy.  Just some thinking ahead!

I took a few pics.  Nothing special.  I don't have my fabulous camera anymore, sad!  I will eventually work something out so I can take some much better photos of my up and coming new recipe trials!  :)

Here is the link to the recipe and some of my photos!

TastyKitchen - Chicken-florentine-puffs-with-red-pepper-cream

This is after I have worked the ingredients together and have my pastry rolled out on wax paper.  I used too little flour and had difficulty removing the pastry from the wax paper.  Note for next time!


I cut the pastry into six sections instead of four.  The pastry was plenty think and gave me more individual pastries.  (See how much spinach there is.  I will reduce this amount by half next time)


Then fold the pastry over into triangles!  And place on parchment paper in the baking pans.


 Using a fork pinch the edges together.  Mine were not perfect or even pretty.  LOL  But in the end they look fabulous!  ;)






Brush the pastry with the egg/water mixture.  I don't own a brush.  I don't think they are sanitary.  haha  So I use a clean paper towel fold and gently dip and brush with it.


Sprinkle the Italian Seasoning and pepper on top!  They already are looking delish! 


Pop the two trays of pastries into the oven at 400 for about 18 mins.  Then get your pot and start your sauce.  YUMMY!!  Fresh basil from my very own garden on my porch!


         Here's a peack into the oven!  Mouth is watering!!  They came out great!  I was so thrilled!


              Here's a photo of the finished product with the cream sauce on top!  Ready to devour!!


I will definitel add this to my staples of monthly dises.  Hope you can enjoy as well!

1 comment: