Patty Jo

I'm a silly person and love a good chuckle! I believe I am a bit on the ditsy side but who's keeping score?! ha On a more serious note: I love the Lord with all my heart, mind and soul! And my husband and children (family) are the most important things in my life! Hope I can be a blessing to those of you willing to torture yourselves and read this blog! LOL

Disclaimer:
Silly blogspot has issues with comments. If you can't comment on my blog don't worry "YOU're not alone"!!! haha It's nothing personal or not that I know of. Because I can't comment either! BUT... If you choose the option: "Name/URL" and enter your name and if you have a website or blog you "can" but don't have to enter it. THEN you CAN comment. This is a just so you know. I don't wanting anyone going away without sharing their thoughts! Or thinking that we have something against them! We LOVE you! :)


Thursday, August 18, 2011

Encouragement

I am so thankful for a God that has given us a handbook and not only does it tell us the things we should stay away from it gives us "encouragement".  HOPE!!!  I can't say it enough!  I am so thankful!!!!

I have to admit I am weak.  When I read about Job in the Bible I think "wow, what a strong man!"  I will then think, "could I be that strong?"  I seem to see myself being Job's wife.  But I would never curse God and die.  Or in the way that I believe the text means.  I might be off.  But I do get weak and allow worry and fear in.  God says He has not given us the spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind!  I am "encouraged."  See even when I get weak God had a verse to remind me of His POWER!!  I may be weak but He has the POWER over all and if I put my Faith in Him and trust Him, I can make it through the valley!

Here are a few verses I am holding to today:

“Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved” (Psalm 55:22).

 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works"

2 Timothy 3:16-17



No comments:

Post a Comment