Patty Jo

I'm a silly person and love a good chuckle! I believe I am a bit on the ditsy side but who's keeping score?! ha On a more serious note: I love the Lord with all my heart, mind and soul! And my husband and children (family) are the most important things in my life! Hope I can be a blessing to those of you willing to torture yourselves and read this blog! LOL

Disclaimer:
Silly blogspot has issues with comments. If you can't comment on my blog don't worry "YOU're not alone"!!! haha It's nothing personal or not that I know of. Because I can't comment either! BUT... If you choose the option: "Name/URL" and enter your name and if you have a website or blog you "can" but don't have to enter it. THEN you CAN comment. This is a just so you know. I don't wanting anyone going away without sharing their thoughts! Or thinking that we have something against them! We LOVE you! :)


Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday Afternoon

Great morning worshipping the Lord.  I am so thankful for a great church God has given us to be a part of and fellowship with.  Our Pastor "TJ" is a great teacher and leader for our church.  And I am so excited to have made friends with his precious wife.  Our daughters are great friends and the families there are just like you've known them all along.  Ain't God amazing!!!  (Ignore the ain't, I like to use it)

I want to point out that sometimes it seems so hard to make new friends and you can feel lonely here in this world.  But God is so good and if we're patient He'll send the friends we need.  So thank you Lord for the new friends you've allowed me to meet.  :)


So to change the subject.  I do this alot, change the subject.  I am capable of changing the subject quite a bit in just a few minutes time.  So bear with me here.

Anyway, I am excited about starting school tomorrow.  Now I know a lot of people are because their children will be leaving the house and the break is much needed.  But just a reminder, I homeschool, and I'm STILL excited.  I know it sounds crazy but I can't wait to do Art and create posters and Art and have snack time and ...  Oh wait a minute, that's not it.  haha  I can't wait for us to spend time together learning all about God's creation and using the abilities He has given us to glorify Him!  There is something so special about being a part of this time.  Some of my children would rather continue on in our summer activities and forget about SCHOOL!  ha  But my youngest is ready.  He loves to learn still.  I am hoping he will still enjoy it even when it gets hard.  He is a 3rd grader so he is just starting some of the harder work.  We shall see.

I have some fun things planned for tomorrow.  Fun Breakfast, Warm yummy cookies for after school.  And hoping to do at least something in Art!  I have found so many really cool things to do.  But I know for sure we'll be making a Time Capsule so we can see just how much we've grown and changed by the end of this school yr.  So tomorrow should be a great day for some photo ops. Will definitely share!

Pray for us as we embark on another year!  And I will lift your families up in prayer as you go about your day as well!




3 comments:

  1. Grr...typed a response and it disappeared! haha! Was saying that I hope your week goes beautifully!! Prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so undersatnd! I constantly battle the comments!! ha Thank you for the prayers! Praying for you too!! Hope you have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homeschool, wouldn't have it any other way. Sounds like you are off to a good start this year. I like the time capsule idea, I just might steal it.
    Glad you are making friends. A good friend can add to your life in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete