Patty Jo

I'm a silly person and love a good chuckle! I believe I am a bit on the ditsy side but who's keeping score?! ha On a more serious note: I love the Lord with all my heart, mind and soul! And my husband and children (family) are the most important things in my life! Hope I can be a blessing to those of you willing to torture yourselves and read this blog! LOL

Disclaimer:
Silly blogspot has issues with comments. If you can't comment on my blog don't worry "YOU're not alone"!!! haha It's nothing personal or not that I know of. Because I can't comment either! BUT... If you choose the option: "Name/URL" and enter your name and if you have a website or blog you "can" but don't have to enter it. THEN you CAN comment. This is a just so you know. I don't wanting anyone going away without sharing their thoughts! Or thinking that we have something against them! We LOVE you! :)


Monday, August 22, 2011

1st Day of SCHOOL!!! FUN!!

Wow!  We've been busy today!  Wish everyday was this much fun!  lol  We had Chocolate Chip Pancakes for breakfast!  YUMMY!




Then we made our "Time Capsules!!"  That was fun!!  We made them using plastic accordian file holders.  We had stickers, permanent markers and paint pens to decorate them.  I am so frugal most of the time that is so we found old scrapbook stickers to decorate with. ha  Then for the "Time Capsule" we drew a self portrait, traced our hands and feet and wrote a list of favorites.  At the end of the school year we will compare them by doing this activity all over again except redocorating the file folder.  And we will see ow much we've grown and changed.  Can't wait!  Here are some pics of the kids making them!









Then we took pics outside on the porch of them and their finished projects!






That up there is Gabe, he is a hoot!

More funny faces:


Aren't they cute???


Ok, so it's off to the school work!  NOT, haha


Look at little Levi under her desk!  He loves her!  He is so happy we put rugs under there so he can cuddle while she works!! 
(excuse the weird rug protruding into her PINK space. I have corrected that!)


Above he tries to appear as if he's ready to work!

Below I'm not sure what he's doing!  But it's entertaining to say the least!

 
Ok so it's off to make those "BACK TO SCHOOL" treats!!
These are Peanut Butter Cup cookies!  DELISH!!

After mixing the ingredients per the recipe you use a scoop to drop them into
a mini muffin pan.

 These are right out of the oven hot!  You have to be ready!
The cups are to be unwrapped before you bake.
As soon as the cookies come out of the oven.  You place the cup on top and push them down into the cookie!  Don't be scared!  Push them far enough so they don't melt out and over the edge of the cookie.
All ready to go.  Just resting in the pan so they don't break when I remove them to a cooling rack!
Close up!  They are sooooo good!
Inside!  Delicious!
 The kids love them!!

So I figure it's not nice to tempt you without a recipe so here it is:

Hope you all had great 1st days!!  We had a pretty good one.  It'll take a little time for me to adjust our routine and get everyone in gear.  I wish I could say we just pop out of bed and are in back to school mode but it just isn't true.  Especially when you're at home.  I mean it's home and kids want to play and play and play here.  haha 
Have a great day! 




1 comment:

  1. From the looks of those pancakes and cookies you all had a great first day of school. I can't wait to give those cookies a try.

    ReplyDelete